Message in a Bottle

9.15.2002

Getting better

Hello, Constant Reader. I am still reeling from Friday night. In case you don't know me and haven't heard yet, the band gave an AWESOME performance at Friday night's game. It was a complete 180 from the first game. They were worrying me REAL bad at the rehearsal the day before. We just learned new drill this week! I didn't know if it was going to come off or not. Well, it did. Even the guard did great! I was also worried because the other band came and they had 75 total. I didn't think our little 25 piece band would hold up. But they did! I don't like to get into competition at football games, but I honestly think we did a better job! I talked to the other band director during third quarter, and get this....he was telling his kids to watch our feet, because we marched so well. US! I couldn't believe it. Of course we have a long way to go. But, I made a statement to the band after we were finished. I said if we kept working hard that there was no reason we can't win our class at our first compeition. I guess we'll see.

Ta-ta. Have a meeting I must get to.