Message in a Bottle

11.18.2005

Three years later...

Hello again, three years later. I thought maybe I'd start this back up again. Sort of a soul-cleansing device. Get all the cobwebs in my head down on in print. I know no one will read this but me, and for that I'm glad.

My, how things have changed in three years. My band has continued to get better. We're still nowhere near "normal," but it won't unless certain circumstances change. I want my students to be good musicians but it just takes SO LONG. They need to be at a higher level when they come to me...I don't need to be teaching fingerings to ninth graders.

I have the other love of my life now, Landon Miles. He looks just like his daddy, but cuter. (Jerry, you do have to admit...) It's true when they say you don't how much you can love someone until you have a child. When I watch him sleep I just feel at peace with the world. I know one of these days he's going to grow up and scream, "I HATE YOU!" at the top of his lungs. That's going to kill me. Right now, though, I'm his hero. He's so cute when he looks up at me with those big blue eyes and smiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home