Message in a Bottle

11.22.2005

"Perfect"

How do some band directors just "step" into perfect jobs? Good resources, good community support, etc. I swear, my county is making me hate band directing at the moment. It's like we're on the edge of everything that's good, but not...if that makes sense. We *kinda* have community support, but in this county most people have "Patriot Pride." Having a new school kinda sucks because you don't have that tradition to fall back on. We actually got a chunk of money to buy instruments with this year, but it's just enough of a chunk to buy a couple of "biggies" - a sousaphone, a tuba. All that does is make me want more so that we can buy everything else that we still don't have.

Arrgh. And then throw into the mix students that think you owe them something. Or students that are flat-out lazy and don't practice. Or fundraise. Very frustrating.

You know that commercial that says, "In Perfect...blah blah blah...for everything else there's WalGreens?" Well in my "Perfect" there is abundant money for bands, there is a staff member for every instrument, students are willing and able to play, no one complains, everyone is happy and making music. Wouldn't that be nice?

I need to find a "Perfect" real quick before I get too frustrated and go to work in a factory or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home