Message in a Bottle

11.24.2005

Thanksgiving thankfuls

So, it's Thanksgiving and I guess I have to post the obligatory "what I'm thankful for" spiel. Well, it's not really a spiel, I really am grateful.

1. I'm grateful for a wonderful husband and a gorgeous son, both of which I can't imagine my life without.

2. I'm grateful for a job that's not perfect, but makes me happier than almost anything else. (See No. 1)

3. I'm grateful for fooling myself into believing I make a difference in my students' lives, even if they don't give a hoot for me at all!

4. On the lighter side...

a. toilet paper (because leaves and/or Sears catalog pages really suck)
b. sweet tea and living in the South where it exists
c. Homestar Runner...thank you for making me laugh without being dirty
d. A hoodie sweatshirt and a cup of my special French-press coffee on chilly days
e. Target, for giving me an alternative to shopping at the oh-so-evil Wal-Mart
f. a blog where I can be totally random and no one will look at me like I've got lobsters crawling out of my ears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home